Copyright Permissions Service
Try our Course Material Request Form
Please have your Fall 2016 course pack submissions in by: August 8, 2016
- Send your course reading citations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Reserves will send us the list and we will process the necessary copyright permissions
- You will be notified when the pack is complete
- Your students can access/purchase their Digital Course Packs via Course Reserves
If you have a printed course pack that does not require permissions, please contact your nearest University of Minnesota Digital Print Center directly.
- Send your course reading citations to email@example.com
- Take your original copies, along with a Course Pack Order Form, to one of the University Digital Print Centers
- Your students will be able to purchase the pack in the Bookstore when classes begin
- Send your request, valid EFS string, required item information (e.g., title, author, pages) and number needed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be notified when the permissions have been obtained.
The Copyright Permissions Service is here to assist faculty and staff at the University of Minnesota in acquiring permissions to use copyrighted items in their course websites, course packs, Libraries Reserve and other University-related purposes. We can help with permissions if the item is not in the public domain, available under a Creative Commons license or already covered by an existing license. We can also obtain permissions if you don't think your use is covered by any of the exceptions or limitations, including fair use or you just feel unsure whether your use is a fair use.
This web site presents information about copyright law. The University Libraries make every effort to assure the accuracy of this information but do not offer it as counsel or legal advice. Consult an attorney for advice concerning your specific situation.