About citation managers
Citation managers are software packages used to create personalized databases of citation information and notes. They allow you to:
- import and organize citation information from article indexes and other sources
- save pdfs and other documents
- format citations for your papers and bibliographies using APA and many other styles
- include your own notes
Choose a citation manager
- Citation managers used at the UMN compared
- What is a citation manager?
- Wikipedia's comparison of reference management software
Citation managers we support
The most common products used at the University of Minnesota are Zotero, EndNote/EndNote Basic, Mendeley and BibTeX. We maintain guides for each and have staff available to help you with each. We will always take questions on other managers, but do not claim to have expertise in them.