Learn about the spaces available, conditions of use, and pricing for spaces in Elmer L. Andersen Library.
The conference rooms and atrium are available seven days a week, 8AM-10PM, excluding federal, state, and University holidays.
Spaces: Andersen Library Givens conference rooms 120A, 120B, 120C and the atrium are available for rent by University Departments with EFS numbers.
Weekends: The Conference Rooms and Atrium are available on weekends. Weekend renters must pay to rent the space for a minimum of 4 hours a day.
Scheduling: University Groups must be scheduled with the Andersen Library Building Manager at least 14 days in advance.
Back to top
Conditions of use
Any food for an event must be cleared through the Building Manager, including outside catering, prepackaged food, and U of M food service.
- All food arrangements are the responsibility of the renter.
- Please consult the U of M's Food Policy and fill out a Food Permit, or a Pizza Only Event Permit for any non-Uiversity Dining Services catering.
- A copy of the approved Food Permit or a Pizza Only Event Permit must be sent to the Building Manager at least five (5) days prior to the event. In order to meet this deadline you should submit your permit application to DEHS for approval at least 3 weeks before your event.
- Failure to clean up food after an event will result in a $75/hr cleaning fee.
If alcohol is to be served, an alcohol permit, found at the U-Wide Forms Library, must be completed and approved by the University's Office of Risk Management.
- A copy of the approved application MUST be sent to the Building Manager five (5) days prior to the event. In order to meet this deadline you should submit your permit application to Risk Management at least 3 weeks before your event.
- All University policies and all local and state laws related to the use of alcohol must be observed.
- The University requires event hosts to post signs with numbers to call if someone can not drive home after drinking. Feel free to use this example.
Flames of any kind are prohibited in all University Library locations, including Elmer L. Andersen Library. This includes candles and Sterno heaters used by caterers. Most caterers can accommodate this requirement if given notice.
Use of the Elmer L. Andersen Library name
Use of the Elmer L. Andersen Library name on invitations, except to identify the location, must be approved by the University Librarian. Invitations must not give the impression of Library sponsorship, unless this is the case.
Right of refusal
The Library reserves the right to refuse a request to rent its space and the right to waive rental fees at its own discretion.
- 120A or 120C are usually arranged for 16 people in a square
- 120B is set for 60 people as a lecture
- 120A&B or B&C can be used for a lecture for 80 or a square for 32
- All three conference rooms together can hold between 142 - 175 people in a lecture arrangement dependent on whether the 3 projection screens are used or all three conference rooms can hold 40 people in a square.
Other set ups are available. Contact the Andersen facility manager to discuss your event for more information.
Back to top
Setup and equipment
Standard room setup
Full lecture space 120 A,B,C
Lecture seating for 160.
Standard set up 120 A,B,C
Standard set up for classes, seven sets of tables with 6 chairs around for a total of 42 chairs, plus side table with additional 16-20 chairs.
120A standard set up
120A is set with 8 tables in a rectangle with seating for 16-20.
120B and 120C standard set up
120B and 120C are are set with seven sets of tables with 6 chairs around them for a total of 42 seats.
120B set up for a lecture
Lecture set up for 60.
120B and 120C set for a lecture and hands-on area
Lecture setup for 60 with tables at the side with additional optional seating for 12-16.
Special furniture arrangements
Events that require special arrangements (furnishings substantially rearranged and reset after an event) will be charged up to $75/hour as necessary to cover these costs.
- Please notify the building manager of special setup needs at least one week in advance.
- Renter may move furniture if needed but must return them to their original positions unless otherwise specified by agreement with the building manager. Failure to do so will result in a $75/hour fee to reset the room.
Room 120B is equipped with three hand held microphones, one lapel microphone, one microphone built into the podium, and a built-in digital projector system containing a DVD player, a VCR, and a computer input.
- All three 120 Rooms have projection screens available and all of Andersen Library has access to the University's wireless internet service.
- High-top cocktail tables may be available for an additional fee (see Fee Schedule below).
- Any computers or other equipment not listed here are the sole responsibility of the renter.
- Damage to equipment will result in renter paying for repairs or replacement of the damaged equipment.
Back to top
Tours of the cavern spaces during the scheduled event can be provided at a rate of $20 per tour guide (groups of 12 or less); Tours must be requested 14 days in advance.
Back to top
Note: All rentals that occur after Andersen Library closes must start their rental at building close. See the building hours for specific hours. For example, rental for a 6 p.m. event on a Monday, Tuesday, or Friday must start at 5 p.m.
Rates per hour are for University and campus life groups.
|Room||Hours||Rates per hour||Notes|
|One conference room (120A, 120B or 120C)||8AM-5PM Mon-Fri||$50||-|
|Two conference rooms (120A&B or 120B&C)||8AM-5PM Mon-Fri||$60||-|
|Three conference rooms (120A,B,C)||8AM-5PM Mon-Fri||$70||-|
|Atrium reception area (alone or as an additional fee to conference room rental)||8AM-5PM Mon-Fri||$70||-|
|One conference room (120A, 120B or 120C)||After 5PM Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM Sat-Sun||$75||See Note above for evening rentals; Minimum 4 hours on Sat-Sun|
|Two conference rooms (120A&B or 120B&C)||After 5PM Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM Sat-Sun||$90||See Note above for evening rentals; Minimum 4 hours on Sat-Sun|
|Three conference rooms (120A,B,C)||After 5PM Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM Sat-Sun||$110||See Note above for evening rentals; Minimum 4 hours on Sat-Sun|
|Atrium reception area (alone or as an additional fee to conference room rental)||After 5PM Mon-Fri, 8AM-5PM Sat-Sun||$110||See Note above for evening rentals; Minimum 4 hours on Sat-Sun|
|Evening rentals on weekends||After 5PM Sat-Sun||$55/hour in addition to standard Sat-Sun rate.||See Note above for evening rentals; Minimum 4 hours on Sat-Sun|
|Special room arrangement and room reset/clean up||1 week||$75/hour||-|
|Portable digital projector||1 week||$25/day||Renter must provide their own laptop.|
|High-top tables||1 week||$15/each||-|
|Tour||2 weeks||$20||Fee is per group of 12 or less.|
|Weekend cleaning fee||Automatic||$282||All events held on weekends will be charged this fee each day.|
2 weeks or more
Less than 2 weeks but more than 24 hours
Less than 24 hours or no-show
Full room rental fee
Back to top
If you would like to reserve a space in Andersen Library, please first contact the Andersen Library Building Manager at email@example.com to confirm the space is available. Then, fill out the form.
Andersen Library Room 120A, 120B, 120C, and Atrium Facilities Policy
Back to top