Search all available finding aids for all archives & special collections at the University of Minnesota.
Images / Media
Search more images and media in all archives and special collections at the University of Minnesota.
Search all cataloged items at the University of Minnesota.
About the collection
- Organizational records of national social service associations, professional social work organizations, and prominent specialized service organizations.
- Personal papers of social work educator and practioners.
- Print collections of Social work related books, journals, and pamphlets.
- Prohibition and temperance publications, including material on temperance, sobriety, the duty of the church, and social and moral issues related to the use of alcohol.
- Oral history collections
Social services and concerns represented in the collections include:
- child welfare
- community arts
- community organization & planning
- family support services
- group work
- immigration & migration
- juvenile delinquency
- poverty & unemployment assistance programs
- public health
- public social policy & public-private sector relationships
- recreation and camping
- senior services
- settlement houses and community centers
- sexual health
- single parenting & services for single mothers
- social casework & related counseling services
- social work education and the social work profession
- theories about charity and reform
- welfare rights & social justice movements