Metadata and Discovery Analyst
As part of the team that manages library systems, including Alma (library management system) and Primo (discovery system), I am responsible for large-scale metadata analysis, transformation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. I work closely with other analysts and developers, catalogers and metadata creators, and staff in the Data Management and Access department and Electronic Resources Management unit to provide the best access possible to library resources.
- Serve as lead for University of Minnesota cataloging and resource management policy and configuration in Alma. Determine policy needs, consult with stakeholders in University of Minnesota system libraries, and write or advise on policy and procedure documentation.
- Serve as metadata and discovery expert for University of Minnesota Primo discovery layer.
- Plan and execute on-demand extract and mapping/crosswalking of MARC bibliographic metadata for digitized physical items.
- Plan and execute large-scale extracts of MARC bibliographic and holdings metadata held by all four University of Minnesota campuses for OCLC synchronization, RDA catalog enhancement, external digitization projects, and shared print retention projects.
- Manage processes in Alma library management system for ongoing loads of vendor-supplied MARC metadata records.
- Develop scripts and workflows to automate metadata management processes.
- Troubleshoot metadata-related electronic resource access issues.