Help support the mission and work of the CLRC by becoming a Kerlan Friend!
How Do I Become a Kerlan Friend?
Becoming a Kerlan Friend requires an annual donation. There are four levels of membership, shown below.
Student (full-time $10
Kerlan Friend $25
Kerlan Collector $100
Special Patron $1000
You may also purchase a gift membership for someone else.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call (612) 624-4576.
Benefits of Being a Friend of the Kerlan Collection
As a Kerlan Friend you will...
- receive newsletters.
- receive invitations to all Kerlan events and to a special yearly members-only event.
- have the opportunity to participate in interesting volunteer work, such as assisting with preservation, engaging in reference and research projects, writing newsletter articles, mounting exhibits for special occasions and locations, and hosting events and special guests.
Kerlan friends are needed. . .
- to act as advocates for the Kerlan Collection and encourage appreciation for and the use and support of this unique and rare resource.
- to financially support special Kerlan projects, such as he creation of traveling author/illustrator kits for use in classrooms and to provide
volunteers to create the kits.
- to raise funds with the sale of Kerlan notecards and other items and by functions such as auctions.
- to contribute and encourage gifts, endowments, and bequests to the Kerlan Collection.
- to help to acquire books and original materials for research and exhibits
and to support Kerlan-sponsored and other children's
- to sponsor an annual award for an outstanding research paper by a college student who uses original resources from the Kerlan Collection.
- to sponsor the annual Kerlan Award, given "in recognition of singular attainments in the creation of children's literature and in appreciation
for generous donation of unique resources to the Kerlan Collection."