Fund your research
A list of awards, fellowships, and scholarships available to fund research using Archives and Special Collections (ASC).
Awards across all ASC
- Elmer L. Andersen research scholars program
- To support scholarly research projects using materials from any unit within the Department of Archives and Special Collections.
Collection specific awards
- The Adelle and Erwin Tomash fellowship in the history of information technology
- Awarded to a graduate student for doctoral dissertation research in the history of computing.
- Arthur L. Norberg travel fund
- For researchers using the Charles Babbage Institute Center for the History of Information Technology.
- Children’s Literature Research Collections, essay awards and fellowships
- For authors and illustrators using the Kerlan Collection in the Children's Literature Research Collections.
- Clarke Chambers travel fellowship
- For researchers using the Kautz Family YMCA Archives or the Social Welfare History Archives.
- Immigration History Research Center (IHRC) Archives and Kautz Family YMCA Archives graduate award for holocaust, genocide and mass violence studies
- For University of Minnesota graduate students researching in either the IHRC Archives or the YMCA Archives.
- Immigration History Research Center Archives' grant-in-aid awards
- To support a visiting scholar, of any level, to conduct research in the Immigration History Research Center Archives (IHRCA) collections.
- James Ford Bell Library research fellowships
- For researchers using James Ford Bell Library’s premier collection of rare books, maps, manuscripts, and archival collections documenting the history and impact of international trade prior to ca. 1800.
- Linda Mack Schloff research award fund
- For researchers using the Nathan and Theresa Berman Upper Midwest Jewish Archives.