Find Videos (DVDs, streaming, etc.)
- Libraries Catalog to search 10,000+ DVDs, mostly housed in Walter SMART Learning Commons.
- List of Streaming Video Collections provides descriptions and links to UMN licensed and freely available online streaming video collections (e.g. dance, theater, nursing, counseling, business, etc.).
- Digital Content Library with 300,000 learning objects in image, video, and audio formats from College of Liberal Arts and College of Design.
- ARTStor offers high quality images covering art, architecture and archeology.
- UMedia Archive with digital collections of the University Archives and Special Collections including University history.
- Images Collections Guides provides UMN licensed and freely available online digital image collections based on subject (e.g. Arts, History, Science, etc.).
- Minnesota Digital Library with images, maps and documents from more than 150 of the state's cultural heritage organizations.
- Digital Public Library of America has access to millions of items—photographs, manuscripts, books, sounds, moving images, and more—from libraries, archives, and museums around the United States.
Are you making a video?
The Libraries offer tools from video cameras to microphones that you can check out, specialized software in the SMART Learning Commons, and consultation services. For an easy way to record a presentation, try the University of Minnesota’s 1:Button Studios, which are fully automated HD video recording spaces with professional studio lighting and sound equipment. They are set up to record high-quality video projects without any knowledge of lights and cameras. There are currently three 1:Button Studio locations on campus, with more in the works!
Tip: Looking for Music? Check out How to Find Music.