Zotero is a standalone software program that works with Firefox, Chrome and Safari. It allows users to:
- Create a databases of citations by easily selecting items from your browser
- Attach and organize your PDFs
- Sync your database to the Web
- Share group libraries with others
- Create bibliographies in a variety of styles
How to Use Zotero
Register for a Zotero Workshop Zotero Basics is a 60-minute session that covers the fundamentals of using Zotero, including adding references, exporting them to Word, and selecting styles (e.g., MLA, APA, etc.) to generate customized bibliographies.
How to use Zotero Screencasts from Zotero
Zotero has not developed a mobile version of it's software. You can download the Zotero Bookmarklet to save and send pdfs directly to your Zotero account.
Useful Zotero Apps
Zotfile is a Zotero plugin that syncs PDFs from your Zotero library to your (mobile) PDF reader (e.g. an iPad, Android tablet, etc.), batch renames files and extracts annotations to Zotero notes