About EndNote Desktop
EndNote Desktop features:
- Create your own databases of citations by importing references from MNCAT and other article indexes or entering them manually.
- Unlimited reference and attachment storage.
- Automatically generate bibliographies and in-text citations in all major styles and allows you to edit and customize styles.
- EndNote x7 and X8 are cross-platform compatible. One user license may install EndNote on up to three computers (any combination of Mac for their personal use.
Want to know how EndNote compares to other citation managers? Review our citation manager chart.
Information on using EndNote, with links to resources.
Connecting EndNote to FindIt
You can link your EndNote account to the University of Minnesota’s FindIt system and access the full text articles to which the University Libraries subscribe.
- Select Edit on the top EndNote menu and select Preferences.
- On the left panel of the preferences menu that appears, select Find Full Text.
- In the OpenURL Path type in http://primo.lib.umn.edu/openurl/TWINCITIES/TWINCITIES_SP
- In the URL box under Authenticate With type in http://ezproxy.lib.umn.edu/login?url=
- Hit Apply to save your changes