Get EndNote Desktop
Purchase software at: https://bookstores.umn.edu/product/computer-software/clarivate-analytics-endnote-x9-student-edition-macwin-cd
Download mobile application: EndNote Online, iOS
EndNote Desktop Features
|Cost||$125.95 (academic pricing)|
|Styles||Many citation styles|
|Works With||Microsoft Word|
|Sharing||Share libraries, groups, and citations with up to 100 collaborators|
EndNote Desktop Support
Connecting EndNote to FindIt
You can link your EndNote account to the University of Minnesota’s FindIt system and access the full text articles to which the University Libraries subscribe.
- Select Edit on the top EndNote menu and select Preferences.
- On the left panel of the preferences menu that appears, select Find Full Text.
- In the OpenURL Path type in http://primo.lib.umn.edu/openurl/TWINCITIES/TWINCITIES_SP
- In the URL box under Authenticate With type in https://ezproxy.lib.umn.edu/login?url=
- Hit Apply to save your changes
EndNote & Mendeley Word Plug-In Compatibility
There is a known issue with EndNote working properly with Word when Mendeley is also installed on the computer. Having both running may cause problems with the Word Plug-ins. So far it has manifested in citations not being formatted when using EndNote with Word. In order for EndNote to work properly, you will need to uncheck the box for the Mendeley Word add-in. For instructions on doing so, see the EndNote & Mendeley Word plug-in Incompatibility Work-around.