About Publishing Services
Our Publishing Services align with the University’s land-grant mission of "promoting access to higher education and collaborating to advance knowledge benefiting communities, the state, and world." The core principles of the Libraries’ Publishing Services are:
- We believe the Libraries serves as a critical, central resource for publishing expertise on campus and our essential services should be offered without charge.
- We support scholars by contributing quality, scholarly works to the public commons through open access publishing.
- We practice transparent production processes in order to promote critical understanding of the publishing landscape’s range of production and economic models.
- We support intellectual freedom by keeping the means of production in the hands of scholars.
- We seek to create partnerships on campus and beyond, to help shape the future of scholarly publishing.
- We support innovative publications and scholarly experimentation grounded in widely-used standards and time-proven practices.
- We believe that the scholarly ecosystem works best when creators retain their copyright.
- We leverage replicable and scalable tools and services to support the economic sustainability of common publishing activities on campus.
- We work to decrease the cost of higher education for students through the production and integration of open content into course curriculum.
- We provide leadership to the broader library publishing professional community on developing new models of scholarly publishing.