Give to AHL Donate to the Andersen Horticultural Library at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
The Andersen Horticultural Library relies on the generosity of the community to help fund its operations. Your funds to help us get books, seed and nursery catalogs, and journals unique to our collection. Benefactors ensure our library's ability to educate and inspire.
Make a gift
Gifts to the Andersen Horticultural Library can be designated for the following areas:
- General needs (no minimum): Gifts to this fund will be used to purchase books, journals, seed and nursery catalogs, and for general needs of the Andersen Horticultural Library.
- Library endowment (minimum $100): Gifts to this fund will support the Andersen Horticultural Library into the future.
- Rare and special materials (minimum $500): Gifts to this fund will be used to purchase rare books and other materials of special importance to AHL's collections. These materials will be housed in AHL's secure climate-controlled room to preserve them for future generations.
For questions about making a donation, please call the library at 612-301-1239 or email HortLib@umn.edu.
Make a secure online gift via credit card, or make your check payable to Andersen Horticultural Library and send it to:
Andersen Horticultural Library
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
3675 Arboretum Drive
Chaska, MN 55318
Back to top
Friends of the Andersen Horticultural Library
Become a Friend
Attend interesting talks on a variety of subjects, be invited to special events, and meet others interested in supporting this very special place by becoming a Friend of the Andersen Horticultural Library! All interested members of the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum are eligible to join.
Annual dues for the Friends of the Andersen Horticultural Library (FAHL) are $15 for a household. Please print out, complete, and mail the registration form (PDF).
- Twice a year newsletter (Winter/Spring and Summer/Fall) with articles of interest, communications for the Friends of AHL, and a calendar of events.
- Early access to the annual Friends book sale on Thursday before the event. The book sale raises important funds for acquisition of rare books, antique catalogs, and other items for the Library.
- Opportunity to attend quarterly meetings held on the fourth Monday of January, April, July, and October. Speakers on a variety of subjects related to natural history, horticulture, or libraries will present at each meeting.
Friends events are open to members and their guests unless otherwise specified.
Monday, July 24, 1 p.m.
Speaker: Wendy Johnson, Saga Hill Designs
Topic: Working with Flax: From Seed to Linen
Monday, October 23, 1 p.m.
Speaker: L. Peter MacDonagh is a landscape architect specializing in green infrastructure, storm-water management, native plants and soil
bioengineering. Currently he is Senior Landscape Architect
at MnDOT’s Environmental Planning/Design. He is also adjunct Faculty
at the U of MN College of Design, Principal Emeritus of Kestral Design
Group and Co-Chair of the Minneapolis Tree Advisory Commission
Topic: Rain Gardens: Design, Create, Plant Selection and Maintenance
Learn how to mitigate water runoff from your roof with the creation of a
rain garden. If it’s done correctly the rain garden can help reduce dirt &
oils running into the rivers and creeks.
Book donations for the 2023 Book Sale are now being accepted through August 31st.
Please drop donations off during open hours, or call in advance to schedule time if you are donating a large number of items.
*Please note: We do not accept textbooks, magazines, or outdated reference items. If you are unsure if an item will be accepted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top