The University of Minnesota Libraries' Publishing Services is here to support our affiliates' creation of scholarly publications. We provide: Consultations about your publishing options and access to publishing platforms to start a new publication with the University Libraries.
Publishing Consultation Topics:
- Scholarly & digital publishing options
- Options for multimedia, experimental, and creative works
- Types of publishers and what to expect: commercial publishers, society publishers, library publishers
- Types of publishing models: open access, subscriptions, author pays, hybrid models, etc.
- Criteria for new Libraries' supported publications
- Assessing the quality of a journal and a publisher
- Content licensing options
Publishing Your Work with the University Libraries:
The University Libraries is in the process of staring a service to provide hosting and support for authors affiliated with the University of Minnesota for the following types of original scholarly content: open journal publishing, open book-length works, open education materials (e.g., e-textbooks), digital publishing services for conferences, and interactive scholarly sites. Read more about Eligible Publications and the Proposal Process.
Other Library Services Related to Publishing:
In addition to Publishing Services, the University Libraries provides a variety of services to support scholars in using materials in teaching and learning, managing authors' rights, preserving and digitizing research and data, and creating scholarly projects. Read more about Related Services.