University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing Services is here to support our affiliates' creation of scholarly publications. We provide consultations about general publishing questions, and we publish a number of journals, books, dynamic scholarly serials, and textbooks through our University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing imprint.
- Scholarly & digital publishing options
- Options for multimedia, experimental, and creative works
- Types of publishers and what to expect: commercial publishers, society publishers, library publishers
- Types of publishing models: open access, subscriptions, author pays, hybrid models, etc.
- Criteria for proposals accepted by University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing
- Assessing the quality of a journal and a publisher
- Content licensing options
University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing publishes the following types of original scholarly content: open access journals, open access long form publishing (e.g., books), open education materials (e.g., e-textbooks), conference proceedings, and interactive scholarly sites. Read more about Eligible Publications and the Proposal Process.
In addition to publishing, the Libraries provides a variety of services to support scholars in using materials in teaching and learning, managing authors' rights, preserving and digitizing research and data, and creating scholarly projects, including:
- Copyright Information & Permissions
- Data Management & Curation (DRUM)
- Digital Arts, Science, & Humanities
- Digitization Services
- Institutional Repository (University Digital Conservancy)
- Media Services
- Open Access Policy & Fund
Read more about Related Services.