Director of Social Science and Professional Programs
I've been a librarian at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities since the summer of 2008. I'm the Director of Social Sciences and Professional Programs department. We support research and learning in College of Liberal Arts, Carlson School of Management, Humphrey Institute, and College of Education and Human Development.
My areas of interest are information literacy and instruction. I'm especially interested in the creation of online learning objects and the use of existing internet technologies for instructional purposes. I'm also interested in citation managers including RefWorks, EndNote, Mendeley and Zotero; and their ability to supplement and enhance research and instruction. Recently I've been looking at the information needs of graduates students around the topic of Data Information Literacy.
MA-LIS from the University of Wisconsin--Madison, 2006
B.A. in English from Grinnell College, 2003
Selected Presentations & Publications
- Jon Jeffryes, Kate Peterson, Stephanie H. Crowe, Elizabeth Fine, Elena Carrillo. "Integration Innovation: Launching the Library into a Course Management System." Journal of Library Innovation. Vol. 2, Iss. 1. Winter 2011.
- Jon Jeffryes and Meghan Lafferty. "Gauging Workplace Readiness: Assessing the Information Needs of Engineering Co-op Students." Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship. Spring 2012.
- Kate Peterson and Jon Jeffryes. "Engineering Integration: Building A Quick and Effective Faculty Seminar." Communications in Information Literacy. Vol. 6, Iss. 1. 2012.
- Jon Jeffryes and Lisa Johnston. "An E-Learning Approach to Data Information Literacy Education." ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings. 2013.
- Lisa Johnston and Jon Jeffryes. "Data Management Skills Needed by Structural Engineering Students: A Case Study at the University of Minnesota." Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice. Feb. 2013
- Jon Jeffryes "Build a Firm Foundation: Managing Project Knowledge Efficiently and Effectively" in Integrating Information into the Engineering Design Process edited by Michael Fosmire and David Radcliffe, Purdue University Press, West Lafayette, Indiana, 2014. (75-85)
- Lisa Johnston and Jon Jeffryes. "Steal This Idea: A Library Instructors’ Guide to Educating Students in Data Management Skills." College & Research Libraries News. September 2014 75:431-434.