Library Liaison for Classical & Near Eastern Studies, Jewish Studies, Philosophy, Religious Studies and Holocaust & Genocide Studies
- Library Liaison for Classical and Near Eastern Studies, Holocaust & Genocide Studies, Jewish Studies, Philosophy, and Religious Studies.
- Graphics and design assistance for Libraries Academic Programs - Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences & Professional Programs
- Production Editor, 2009-present; Editor, 2014-2015 LIRT News (Library Instruction Round Table of the American Library Association)
- Project Director, ALA/NEH grant Bridging Cultures Bookshelf: Muslim Journeys, and the Let’s Talk About It: Muslim Journeys-Connected Histories book discussion series 2013.
- Project Director, ALA grant for Let’s Talk About It: Jewish Literature discussion series 2007 and 2008.
- Project Director, “Manifold Greatness: The Creation and Afterlife of the King James Bible,” 2011; see www.ala.org/programming/kingjamesbible and www.manifold.greatness.org.
- Subject Pages
- Library Blogs
B.A. Art, College of St. Catherine (St. Catherine University)
M.A. Library Science, University of Minnesota
Graduate coursework in Art History, University of Minnesota
Graduate coursework in Religious Studies, United Theological Seminary
Selected Presentations & Publications
2012 Manifold Greatness: The Creation and Afterlife of the King James Bible, Perspectives: the Magazine of the Program in Religious Studies, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2011-2012, pp.6-7.
2009 Invited panel member Tips for Adult Programming, focus: ALA Let’s Talk About It grant “Let’s Talk About It: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.” October 16, 2009.
2008 Panel presentation, CLIC "Reference: Past, Present, Future!” symposium, Hamline University. November 12, 2008.
2005 Panel presentation, “A History Day Essential: Visit Your Library” History Day @ your Library, Minnesota History Center. September 23, 2005 "Connecting With Young History Scholars: Models for Serving National History Day Participants” Panel, - Minnesota Library Association 2005 Annual Conference, Minneapolis, MN. (panel with Tim Hoogland, Minnesota Historical Society and Trudi Campbell, Hennepin County Library).
2001 "The Librarian's Library: Fugitive Reference Files," Reference Librarian, no. 72 (2001), pp. 179-194.
1999 "Jazz Up Your Documents," University of Minnesota Libraries, Enhancing Quality Staff Symposium, 1999 and 2000.
1994 "Exhibits in the Academic Library," Minnesota Library Association Newsletter, (March, 1994), pp. 1-3.
1991 "Communication and Cooperation in Psychology Collection Development," Behavioral & Social Sciences Librarian 11:1 (Winter 1991-92).
1991 "Techno-Stress." Reference & Adult Services Section, Minnesota Library Association 1991 Conference panel discussion, with Kay Kane and Mary Lee McLaughlin.
1990 "Tailoring Bibliographic Instruction for College Students," Library Instruction Round Table News 12:3 (March 1990), pp. 13-15.