Libraries Makerspaces are open to UMN folks from all majors, programs, and skill levels. Equipment and materials are always free for UMN students, staff, and faculty.
You'll find 3D printers, smart cutters for vinyl stickers and other materials, soldering irons, sewing machines, VR headsets, rotary tools, and software for 3D modelling and embroidery design. Plus, basic supplies for prototyping and crafting.
We know that you need a wide range of resources and materials to be successful at the U. We believe in helping you access the tools you need to be creative, entreprenuial, involved, and excited about your education.
Diehl Hall, room 314 (third floor)
Walter Library, room 204D (second floor)
Check it out!
Drop-in hours for each space are listed at the links above.
Other makerspaces and design spaces at UMN
- Anderson Student Innovation Labs (Mechanical Engineering Building, East Bank)
- College of Design FABshops (Rapson Hall, East Bank and McNeal Hall, St. Paul)
- EStudio (Regis Center West, West Bank)
- XYZ Lab (Regis Center East, West Bank) -- by appointment only
- Bakken Medical Device Center (Mayo Building, East Bank)